Confession of a call-girl

Confession of a call-girl

For Kofoworola, Sai’aid, a 21- year-old woman currently being held in police custody for alleged murder, the world couldn’t have been more cruel. At a tender age, her father separated from her mother.

But because of her age, a magistrate court granted her custody to the mother. Having managed to graduate from Festac Grammar school with poor grades, Kofoworola was already on the streets helping her mother in her petty trade.

In a short while, she was impregnated by a man who flatly denied responsibility. She was left with no alternative than to start fending for herself and the baby.

Soon, she was introduced into ‘night runs’ and she started visiting clubs across the state. The dark complexioned and well shaped only child of her mother said she took to prostitution to keep body and soul together especially, when she discovered that her mother could not carry on the responsibility of fending for her and her three -year-old baby girl.

However, fate dealt a cruel blow on her recently when she ventured out as usual at about 3.30am in search of ‘customers’ for the night. Curiously, the man that appeared to be a prospective customer for the remaining hour of the day turned out to be after her life.

But in defense, she killed the man. Today, only fate can safe her from being confined to jail forever.

Narrating her ordeal to Crime Alert, Kofoworola who fought tears said, “Honestly it was not my intention to be going out at night to hunt for men for money.

Not even though my father has separated from my mother, he is rich except that he does not take care of us simply because he said I should come and be living with him which I objected to.

 Confession of a call-girlMy mother sells petty wares along the road. I had to hit the roads to make ends meet after being impregnated by an unprepared man who also denied me.

That day, I had come out around past 3.00am and wanted to go to a particular club because I had to pay my daughter’s school fees. Suddenly, one man pulled by my side and demanded where I was going to and I told him.

He asked me to enter. When we were close to where I was going to, he suddenly accelerated even when I was screaming that he had driven past the place.

He later drove to a spot, a dark place and asked me to pull off my trousers which I obeyed because he was holding a knife. He said, I should give him a ‘blow job’ but I begged him to have sexual intercourse with me instead that I was not into oral sex.

He started forcing me and grabbed my bag that contained trousers and other items. He soon zoomed off again while I was screaming for help. We got to Borno road and I saw some people and started screaming aloud but nobody came to my rescue.

Suddenly, I summoned courage and started dragging the knife with him while still shouting for help. In between time, two soldiers came out and was banging on the vehicle and ordering him to open the door. But he refused.

But I think God was on my side, I was able to collect the knife from him and stabbed him in the chest before forcing myself out of the vehicle. Meanwhile, he had stabbed me on the laps, ankle and hands.

Eventually, he came out opened the bonnet of the car while the soldiers stayed afar thinking he wanted to bring a more dangerous weapon. He slumped and rolled by the car.

It was the soldiers that later called in the police who said the man was dead. The police then took me away and here I am for days now without seeing my daughter.”